We provide advice to customers defined by the Financial Conduct Authority as ‘retail’ or ‘consumer’. This means ordinary people acting outside their trade or profession. We also advise ‘professional’ and ‘commercial’ customers. These are typically larger organisations and businesses who have a greater understanding of the products on which they require advice.
The permissions we hold from the Financial Conduct Authority enable us to advise on a wide range of financial products and transactions. These include:
- Investing capital to create a regular income, or protect against erosion in value from future inflation. This is typically for retired customers, or those who have amassed significant funds they wish to pass on to the next generation.
- Planning to meet income needs in retirement. This is typically for customers who have not yet retired, but wish to plan for a retirement income to support a particular lifestyle.
- Advising on the transfer of entitlements held under occupational pension schemes.
- Protection for families against the financial effect of death or incapacity.
- Reducing exposure to inheritance tax through use of insurance and investment products.
We also advise businesses, ranging from small to large, on business planning issues including.
- Employee workplace pension arrangements and death in service schemes.
- Shareholder protection arrangements.
- Key-person cover.
- Self-invested and director pension arrangements.